Sunday, February 21, 2010

challenging weekend

I went on a church retreat this weekend- and I was worried about food. I was over on my points each day, but I just chose to use my "bonus" points.

When I checked the scale this afternoon, I was still moving in the right direction!

There were a MILLION snacks in the cabin I was staying in, but (for the most part) I did really well making decisions. One time when everyone was eating spinach/artichoke dip, I ate (all of the) grapes.

Two small issues:
1. Brookside Chocolate Covered Pomegranates. Oh dear lord. You can get them at Costco. They are life changing. 4 points per serving- but only 1 point in 5. I think I 1 pointed my way through quite a few points!

2. Saturday afternoon, the cooks made a cheese log w/ raspberry chipotle sauce. Oh. My. Word. It is one of my favorite things. I was just going to have one "crackerful". ....14 crackerfuls later... I was feeling a little sick. I decided to let that just be my dinner, so I don't think I blew it as badly!


But, a great weekend- ready for the next 2 days to be FAB!! REALLY wanting that 10 pound sticker!!

5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had an enjoyable weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so difficult going to places where there is tons of food and we really don't know what will be there...

    I had a dinner party the other night and I was very concerned about it. It ended up being just fine. I enjoyed a little of everything, but didn't throw it all down the hatch :)

    ReplyDelete