Saturday, February 13, 2010

snow! bored!

It snowed here! Which is a big deal for Atlanta!

But, I haven't done anything- and I have been SO bored today.

I made some good decisions today. My mom was making dinner for my whole family- parents, bro and his fam, and me. I have a sister, but she's away in college.

My mom is always really good about counting the WW points in everything she cooks- so I knew that there were 9 points in a serving of Spaghetti Pie. Which-btw- is amazing.

I really didn't want to use 9 points on that, so I had to think through it. I decided to make a can of peas (1 point for the whole can) and eat that before the meal even began. Kinda weird to walk around eating green peas, not your typical "snack". Kept thinking. My mom had made a salad to go with dinner, but I knew that salad dressing would be more points- so I made a side of green beans to share.

When it came time to get my food, I cut a smaller-than-a-portion size piece.

So all good choices! More veggies, smaller portions, extra water. BRILLIANT. And it wasn't hard, it just required thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment