Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I can't believe I'm doing this...

I am 29 years old, and I have been fat my entire life. Well, obviously not my ENTIRE life, but the entire time that it's mattered. I remember being the fat one in elementary school.

I "played soccer" in the 4th grade, and I was the fat one. I started to swim the summer after 5th grade, but I was the fattest one in my age group. When I moved in middle school, it took me longer to make friends because I was trying to not be the fat girl. In the summer after 8th grade, I bough shorts from Aeropostal because they sold shorts in a size 15- unlike any other stores at the mall. In high school, I was never asked to one dance. I only went to my senior prom because I asked my friend to take me. It was in college when I started to wonder if I was going to be able to fit into seats. It never happened in college, but I started wondering then.
It's never "happened", but most chairs are too small for comfort.

Today I joined Weight Watchers at my school. I teach school- don't attend.

I have done this before. Twice to be exact. I've lost weight both times, but I lost more the first time. I was in high school, and I lost almost 40 pounds. The second time around wasn't as successful, but I did lose some weight. I've dieted other times as well, but never lost more than 40ish pounds.

As of my first Weight Watchers (WW) meeting, I weighed 277.2 pounds.

I am 5'4''.

So this is an astronomical amount of weight.

I am 29.

I am single.

I am occasionally happy.

I am going to try to lose weight.
Join me?

2 comments:

  1. I think I joined and retired from WW (without ever attaining my goal weight - or anywhere close to it) 9 times. I'm pretty sure writing it all down is the key - I was just never committed enough to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just joined too. It's been 2 weeks and I've only lost one pound. Hang in there. I'm going to keep at it.

    ReplyDelete